Media: media and digital art
Born in 1991 in Seoul, South Korea, Daeun Joo is currently studying Art and Media at Berlin University of the Arts, after finishing her Bachelor’s in Fine Arts at Korea National University of Arts and another one in Nutritional Physiology at Seoul National University.
Her works mainly arise from ontological questions and summon something that does not actually exist into time-based forms, such as sound-sculptures, moving images and virtual reality. Her artistic praxis sometimes requires audience participation and often accompanies exhibitions.
- 2022 'Subtle Impetus' | Seoul Museum of Art(SeMA) Storage, Seoul, South Korea
- 2022 'Weaving Islands' | Tongyeong International Triennale Residency Exhibition, Tongyeong, South Korea
- 2021 'Slow Disaster Program' | Future School Korea Pavilion, Venice, Italy (Online)
- 2020 'Scale, Scanning' | Seongbuk Museum of Art, Seoul, South Korea
- 2020 ''Global Week' | Oil Tank Culture Park, Seoul, South korea
Projects & Residencies
- 2022 Tongyeong International Triennale Residency, Yokji-do, South Korea
- 2021 'Doppelgänger' | Director, kNUA IACF, Art&Tech Arts Council Korea, South Korea
- 2020 'Invisible Seoul(s)' | Co-Planner, DEULS, Slow Futures Lab, Future School Korea, 17th Venice Architecture Biennale
Grants & Awards
- 2022 Artience Daejeon | Daejeon Culture&Arts Foundation, South Korea
- 2021 First Support for Young Artists | Arts Council Korea, South korea
- 2020 Seoul Arts Platform New & Young | Seoul Foundation for Arts & Culture, South Korea